Forums
4 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
1. My STEAM URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MapleLeafff/
2. REASON FOR MY BAN: Arguing that "Nigga" isnt a racial slur and asking why my friend was Banned
3. STAFF NAME: Kydanko
3. BAN DURATION: 1 Week

4. MY EXPLANATION: I was on the Night Patrol #1 Server with my friend and he was Banned for saying "nigga" in chat and i thought he didn't deserve the ban.They also had no proof that he wasnt African American/Black. So i asked them why he was banned and argued that it wasnt fair that he was banned. I then Argued that "Nigga" isn't a racial slur and then i was banned for it. I never said/did anything racist or bad so i would like to Get my ban removed.

Some proof:
"Presently, the word nigga is used more liberally among younger members of all races and ethnicities in the United States"
"This article is about the colloquial slang. For the racial slur, see Nigger. " From the Wikipedia of the word "Nigga"
"similar to the usage of the words dude, homeboy, and bro." <---That is Referring to the word "Nigga"
"“Nigga” used as a form of slang is one of the most popular words used today. "

My friend that also got unfairly banned's Appeal: http://thenightpatrol.com/forum/m/39202467/viewthread/31840342-my-ban-appeal-for-unjust-on-night-patrol-pei-large-server/page/1
Posted Apr 13, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 13, 18
Admin
Votes:
+32
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admin
MOD
Donor
VIP
I don't understand the, "He's black so he can say it" argument. This is our servers, so you follow our rules. I don't care what race you are, what race you consider yourself to be over the internet, nothing of that matters. You can't say racial slurs on our server, black or white. I don't think you need Wikipedia to tell you otherwise.
If I say something that offends you, I apologize. It's just in my nature.

Current Admin on TNP!

Contact Info! Feel free to contact me as needed.

Discord: Levi#0001
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/glakrie/
Posted Apr 13, 18
Staff Team
Votes:
+5
MOD
Donor
Ok so first of all it doesn't matter what race he is. The rules apply to everyone and they are also enforced based on our definition, society's. "Nigga" is a racial slur whether you like it or not. It is a racial slur whether you're black, white or Asian or any other race. Secondly, staffs decision in game is final. You go to the forums to dispute any ban. You obviously didn't read the rules before playing and it will cost you. Have a good day.
4996130.png
Posted Apr 13, 18
T-Mod
Votes:
+4
Online on Site
T-MOD
the rules are there for something so if you don't follow them you will be punish, all that im gonna say
Posted Apr 13, 18
Admin
Votes:
+87
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Admins
Admin
MOD
Donor
VIP
Hello there Maplety
I'm Joe and I'm one of the Administrators for The Night Patrol, and I'm here to say that you are wrong, wikipedia might lead otherwise, however, it is still dictated as a racial slur, due to the fact that it is a colloquial term which is an eye dialect of the word "ni**er" and therefore we disprove of that word being tolerated on our community platforms whether it be on discord or unturned due to the fact that it offends a culture of individuals and it also makes individuals feel rather uncomfortable. Now, if you'd like to go into further detail, if you are of that race, that's cool, we can't prove that you are, nor should we tolerate the racism you are bringing onto our server by calling each individual player a n***er this and a n***er that when we simply disallow that behavior.

As far as I'm concerned, the ban stays, and this thread is closed.

Best Regards,
Joe
Posted Apr 13, 18
Agree
List
Undo
NoticeNotices