Forums

Denied Locked My ban appeal for my unjust ban on the Night Patrol PEI Large Server.

8 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
1. My STEAM URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Affl1cti0n00/
2. REASON FOR MY BAN: "Racial Slurs"
3. STAFF NAME: Kydanko
3. BAN DURATION: 1 week

4. MY EXPLANATION:
I was on the “The Night Patrol #1” server with my friend -maple- and I was getting sniped at by a player named Chinese Sniper. We went back and forth talking trash and he said, “ Where are you sniping?” I replied to him with, “Nigga, we aren’t sniping.” and told him to rush us. I then went to my friend ASG because he got sniped and we went there to help him get his stuff back. Then about 10 - 20 minutes after I said nigga, he banned me. My friends and I were confused so we asked him why. He then said racial slurs. If you go to the Wikipedia page for the word nigga it says this, “This article is about the colloquial slang. For the racial slur, see Nigger. For the singer also known as "Nigga", see Flex (singer).” It says it is a colloquial slang not a racial slang. The work colloquial according to the Oxford dictionary means this, “(of language) used in ordinary or familiar conversation; not formal or literary.” So it is used by somebody to talk to somebody they don’t recognize formally. The word nigga is similar to the usage of the words dude, homeboy, and bro. An example would be, “He what’s up my nigga,” but when talking to somebody like your boss you wouldn’t say that. Instead you would say, “Good morning!” or “Good afternoon!” So I can not be banned for racial slurs when I never used one.

Here is the funny part though. My friend -maple- said to the admin, “Why was he banned?” Soon after proving him to be wrong, the mod’s name was Kydanko, banned him too for arguing against him when he was in the right. The player -maple- and I should both me unbanned ASAP from this, and Kydanko should get a lesson on racism and how to rightfully ban people. -Maple-’s Ban appeal: http://thenightpatrol.com/forum/m/39202467/viewthread/31840338-ban-appeal/page/1

Cites Sourced
“Nigga.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 13 Apr. 2018, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga
Posted Apr 13, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 13, 18
Admin
Votes:
+32
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admin
MOD
Donor
VIP
You don't dictate what is a racial slur, sorry bud. The N word, with hard R or not, is a racial slur. Going to Wikipedia for a valid source, okay buddy. But I mean, since you are, I guess I will too, as shown in the picture below.
Attached Images
If I say something that offends you, I apologize. It's just in my nature.

Current Admin on TNP!

Contact Info! Feel free to contact me as needed.

Discord: Levi#0001
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/glakrie/
Posted Apr 13, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Staff Team
Votes:
+5
MOD
Donor
Well said Levi. No need for a further reply. +1 Levi
4996130.png
Posted Apr 13, 18
Agree
List
Undo
T-Mod
Votes:
+4
Online on Site
T-MOD
+1 levi
Posted Apr 13, 18
Agree
List
Undo
T-Mod
Votes:
+4
Online on Site
T-MOD
read the rules before doing something on server
Posted Apr 13, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
Yeah it says the the R is related to Nigga, not that nigga = R
Posted Apr 13, 18 · OP
Staff Team
Votes:
+5
MOD
Donor
Ok wikepedia is not a source to use. Use any common sense that you have and u derstand that it is a racial slurs in our eyes and society's and if you don't like that leave because we don't want racist individuals who don't even understand racism.
4996130.png
Posted Apr 13, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Admin
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Admin
First of the n word is a racial slur, second off i gave Maple plenty of time to reason with me, after he said the N word three more times i told him to stop arguing my decision was made. He kept up so i banned him. I can show proof of where you would not quit if you would like.
Attached Images
Posted Apr 13, 18
Admin
Votes:
+183
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admin
Donor
denied
Posted Apr 14, 18
NoticeNotices